- Accept all permission requests
- Make sure your recorder is fully charged before you begin
- Keep your phone/tablet in close proximity (15ft) and plugged into power
- Turn off all other apps and Bluetooth connections to your phone/tablet before starting the study
- Do not stop the recording until you intend to end the study
- After you stop the recording, check the recording History and make sure your recording is uploaded.
- Turn off Power Saving Mode in your Settings screen
Do not pair the recorder in the phone settings!
If you still can’t find the app, the most likely reason is an incompatible Android or iOS version. In this case, please try a different mobile device (phone or tablet), if one is available in the household.
It is also possible that your Date of Birth was entered incorrectly in the SleepImage System. Please contact your healthcare service provider to verify your sign-in information.
If you paired a SleepImage Recorder in Bluetooth settings on the phone settings, unpair it first. Then, try the pairing process in the SleepImage App again.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and that you have granted the necessary permissions to the SleepImage App. On iOS, go to Settings->SleepImage and enable the Bluetooth permission. On Android, go to
Settings->Apps->Permissions->Location and select “Allow while using the app”. Android phones will also need to have Location turned on under Settings->Location.
Make sure your phone/tablets’ operating system is up-to-date.
After pressing the button with the magnifying glass icon, with the recorder powered on, wait at least 60 seconds. Some phones take longer to discover and pair with bluetooth accessories.
Restart both the phone/tablet and the recorder.
If there is another phone/tablet available, try that one to rule out that there is an issue with the recorder.
- Take off the ring,
- If a countdown starts, wait until it finishes,
- Put the ring back on the finger and wait at least 20 seconds.
- SpO2 and pulse rate values should appear if successful.
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is a low power technology, operating in frequencies between 2.4 GHz and 2.483 GHz ISM. It is very similar to WiFi, as it allows nearby devices to connect with each other.
Other devices such as other Bluetooth devices, WiFi, and even microwave ovens and fluorescent lights may interfere with the Bluetooth connection, as well as physical obstruction.
To minimize the chance of interference, it is important to make sure all devices that are being used are up to date as manufacturers may release updates which improve connectivity and make devices more robust to interference. This includes mobile device updates.
In addition, turning off non-essential devices and connections can help in reducing interference. In clinical practice, some patients may be using essential devices that cannot be turned off and they should consult a physician when making decisions on whether the device can be shut down while recording a sleep study.
In cases where an essential device, such as an insulin monitor, cannot be turned off, an alternative which may help is to use a different mobile device for recording the sleep study, if one is available in the household.
- Force-close the SleepImage App (see instructions for iOS and Android)
- Make sure the phone is connected to the internet.
- Open the SleepImage App.
- Wait and look out for notifications at the bottom of the screen indicating an upload attempt.
- Go to the History tab and wait until all entries in the list show “Upload Status: Completed”
- If you see error messages, try switching from Wifi to Cellular or vice-versa.
Switching from WiFi to cellular, or vice-versa, may also solve the issue.
Note: If you are having trouble uploading a study file, DO NOT UNINSTALL the SleepImage Mobile App! If the app is uninstalled, any study files which have not been uploaded (with “Upload Status: Completed”) will be lost and you may need to retest.
Upload Status: Completed
File upload has been completed.
1. Confirm next steps with your test provider.
Upload Status: Pending
App is waiting for confirmation before starting file upload process.
1. Wait for updates.
2. Check internet connection.
3. If process is taking a long time, force-close and restart the app.
Upload Status: Preparing to Retry
File upload failed previously, and the app is about to retry the upload.
1. Wait for next upload attempt.
Upload Status: Requesting Authorization
The app is trying to make a connection to the SleepImage servers.
1. Wait for updates.
2. If process is taking a long time, force-close and restart the app.
Upload Status: Server Status or Upload Status: Server Error
The server may be temporarily unavailable.
1. Force-close and restart the app.
2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Upload Status: Recorder Not Registered (208)
The recorder is not registered within the SleepImage System.
1. Contact email@example.com with the recorder’s serial number (SN).
2. Once the recorder has been registered, force-close and restart the app to upload your study file.
Upload Status: In Progress
File is being uploaded.
1. Wait for upload attempt to finish.
Upload Status: Timed Out
The app tried to contact the SleepImage server but got no response.
1. Check Internet connection.
2. Force-close and restart the app.
Upload Status: Short Recording
The study file is short and likely does not have enough data to generate a report.
1. Contact your test provider to confirm whether you will need to retest.
Upload Status: Recorder already assigned to a different patient (209)
The recorder is a patient-specific recorder (such as a SleepImage FingerTip) and is assigned to a different patient.
1. Contact your test provider to verify you have the correct recorder.
The ‘Recorder Not Registered’ error message will appear when a study file attempts to upload from the SleepImage Mobile App, but the recorder used to collect data is not recognized. This can happen if there is a typo in the recorder’s registration or if the recorder is unauthorized.
If you are seeing this error message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the recorder’s serial number (SN) and we will confirm the registration of your recorder. The serial number of the recorder will always be displayed in the ‘Settings’ tab of the SleepImage app while the recorder is paired.
While waiting for your recorder to be registered, please do not uninstall the SleepImage app or the recorded study files will be permanently deleted and the data lost. Unregistered recorders will prevent study files from uploading, so until the recorder is registered the only copy of your recorded study will be saved on the SleepImage app on your phone.
If you are scheduled to perform multiple nights of study, please continue to perform those studies even if the recorder is not registered, as the study files can be uploaded at a later date once the recorder is registered. You may also want to reach out to your provider to let them know of the registration issue, as no reports can be generated before the recorder is registered.
Once the recorder has been registered, you can retry uploading study files from the the SleepImage app by leaving it open for a few minutes, or by force-closing and restarting the SleepImage app. The ‘History’ tab of the app will display ‘Upload Status: Completed’ for each study that has been uploaded. Once all studies have been uploaded, the app can be uninstalled without the loss of study data.
If you continue to have trouble uploading your study files, please refer to the ‘Troubleshooting – Upload’ section above on this page.
If you have experienced a failed recording, consider using a different mobile device if available. Please review the “Upload” section above for instructions on how to ensure all recordings are uploaded.
When starting a recording, the app will notify you if new firmware is available for your SleepImage Ring. Firmware upgrades are mandatory to ensure that you get the latest features and best functionality.
During the firmware upgrade, please make sure to stay within range and keep the SleepImage App in the foreground on your mobile device.
Do not use your phone for other tasks while the upgrade is in progress.
If you encounter issues where the upgrade is failing, do NOT unpair your recorder.
If the upgrade fails, simply go back to the Recording page and click the start button. The app will notify you that the Ring is in range and the upgrade needs to be completed.
Once the upgrade is completed, your recording will start automatically.
When pairing the Nonin WristOx2 Model 3150 with the SleepImage App, follow these instructions:
- Go to your Phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- On the back of the Nonin, slide the battery door open and remove one of the batteries for 3 seconds.
- Replace the battery and close the battery door.
- Your Nonin recorder should show up in the list of nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Click the Nonin
Your Nonin is now paired with your phone. Continue in the SleepImage App.
- Go to the Settings screen in the SleepImage App and click “Connect New Recorder”.
- Place a finger into the Nonin sensor to power on the recorder.
- Your recorder should appear in the scan as “Nonin3150_123456789”.
- When your Nonin appears in the list, the Connect button.
- Press and hold the power button on the CheckMe O2 for 10 seconds.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- With the sensor plugged in to the CheckMe O2, turn on the CheckMe O2.
If the screen still shows “ERROR 4” contact your healthcare service provider for a replacement.
The app needs this permission because a Bluetooth scan can be used to gather information about the location of the user. This information may come from the user’s own devices, as well as Bluetooth beacons in use at locations such as shops and transit facilities.
The SleepImage App does not record, track, or share the user’s location. Android requires that we ask for this permission to notify you, because the Bluetooth technology can be used for location services.
The SleepImage App does not store any personal identifying information.